Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Pot Calling the Kettle



So being the dorky person that I am, I have researched this TTC stuff to the extreme. That means I have spent a lot of time lurking on forums. Wow, even the word "lurking" makes me sound like a super-creep. But I really have.

DISCLAIMER: If you somehow were directed here from a forum about TTC, please do not take offense at what I am about to say!!

But seriously people, spending so much time thinking about our own bodies can't be good for us. Before I joined your ranks, I read this forums and I thought "Are these women serious?" I mean, stop thinking that every time you sneeze or your left pinky toe itches, that means you could be pregnant.

Now, here I am on Day 8 of my very first cycle and I have officially plunged head first into a swamp of psychosomaticism. Without a life jacket.

How, you might ask, do I know that I've gone off the deep end? Because it is Day 8 and I am confused that I am having ovulation pain. Seriously? Ovulation pain was the one I used to scoff at the most. Did you really feel that or did you just eat a burrito? Ha.

But, I take it back. I apologize for all of the times I rolled my eyes and sighed dramatically at the overexaggerated attention to every little symptom. It's really too difficult not to join in. Sadly, I can understand this phenomenon from a psychological perspective. Listen close. We're not crazy. The mind and the body are strongly connected. If you wanted to feel ovulation pain, you probably are feeling ovulation pain. If you want to have sore boobs, then sore they will be. Because you're mind tells your mind that it is happening and so you interpret that it accordingly. We can even cause the sensations to really be happening.

What we can't cause is a pregnancy borne out of willing it to happen.

So, I am going to mentally shake myself a little bit and go do something more productive. Like, watch America's Next Top Model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!