Sunday, November 4, 2012

Balancing Act

So here's what I did today.



I went with my friend and her daughters to an equestrian vaulting workshop. So random and so fun. It was good to do something totally unrelated to work or thinking about TTC. I focused just on myself and learning something new and entirely out of my comfort zone. Aka, standing up on a moving horse. I was surprised how difficult it was!

Here's a recap: We started with some limbering exercises where I proved how incapable I am at touching my own toes. Seriously. Then we practiced doing lifts and jumps onto a pommel horse. Again, it seemed a little too-gymnastic-like for my unlimber body. I mean, they wanted us to hold ourselves up with our arms and do kicks in the air behind us? I can't even do yoga! Wow....Then we started doing yoga positions on a moving horse. At this point, I feel a little more secure, because at least I am comfortable on a horse's back. But then...we practiced standing up. And I realized how scared I was of falling. Funny because I haven't felt afraid like that on a horse's back in sometime. I had to trust my body, trust the horse, and relax my muscles in order to move with the horse. Only when I trusted my body, relaxed, and let go, could I stand up. (Hmmm. Sound like a good message for those who are trying to get pregnant??) At the end of the day, we took turns riding the horse bareback on the lounge line, with arms out in the hair like wings. This is something I used to do when I was learning to ride as a little girl. For some of the adults in the clinic, this was scary and hard. For me, it was like being free.

Anyhow, it was nice because I didn't think at all today about what cycle day I am on or wonder about the future. I was just in the moment. Which, no matter what is going on in your life, is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!