Monday, November 26, 2012

Magic Number 31

I realized today that I will be 31 when I get pregnant. No matter when it happens (and this is assuming it will happen in the next 12 months), when I get pregnant I will be 31. My birthday is on December 8th and so it's now unavoidable. I know that's not a big deal and it's just a number, but it just kind of shook me a little. Probably mostly because I won't be 30 anymore.

When I turned 30, I was so happy. I didn't feel upset about getting older, because I was (AM) so happy with where I was in my life. I love my marriage, love my career, love my house, love my pets, and love who I have become. I'm happy with the fact that I've traveled to seven countries, can speak Spanish fluently, do a job that is meaningful, and have a future that I look forward to. Now, turning 31, none of that has changed. All is still true. The only difference is, I definitely feel ready to have a family.

Last night, after my family left, my husband told me that he used to get sad when guests left, but now he doesn't really get affected by people leaving, because he feels that our life is so complete. I completely understand what he means. I told him that we are so stable and happy that it just makes sense to be bringing a baby into our family.

This is getting pretty sappy, isn't it? Oh well. I guess the point is, getting pregnant at age 31 isn't so bad. It took us awhile to get where we are today and the timing is just right. But here's hoping it won't be "pregnant at 32." Hmm...if I get pregnant in the next 3 months, I could say "gave birth at age 31" instead of 32. Fingers Crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!