Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Gloom

Sunday nights have always been hard for me. I don’t like the gearing up for another week, the nagging guilt over things left undone, and the anxiety about the upcoming week. Although I’ve gotten better at dealing with Sundays and can usually avoid the Sunday gloom nowadays, it still creeps in sometimes. Especially on days like today. A four day weekend of spending time with family, enjoying company, utter and pure relaxation. And now? Family’s gone home and I’m settling back into routine. Back to a list of things that will be impossible to complete in just five days. Yuck. Not only that, but I’m sitting amongst the debris of a holiday weekend that I really need to get up and take care of. (aka, my house is a damn mess.)

Also, back to cycling. I’m on CD6 of Cycle 2. Somehow, it’s not as exciting as CD6 of Cycle 1. Ha. The first time, every thing about this was exciting. Now I know that nothing much will be happening for at least a week. So, I’m just kind of…waiting.

So basically, I’m just stuck in the Sunday gloom. I’ll be fine tomorrow. Will feel better to get back to work, but in the meantime, here I am.

On a more positive note, it was a nice Thanksgiving. We made a ton of food, shared the meal with a group of ten close friends and family, enjoyed a lot of good wine, and basically just got to spend time with my family. We watched the last Twilight movie. One of those things…once you’ve watched one, you just can’t stop. I actually kind of enjoyed it (don’t tell anyone!).

How was everyone else’s break? Anyone else fighting Sunday doldrums? Anyone have a remedy besides a big glass of wine?


Update: After I wrote this blog, I went into bed and snuggled and laughed and played with my husband and just enjoyed having our house back to ourselves. Then I took a hot bath, starting reading On The Road by Jack Kerouac (prepping for the movie!) and sipped a glass of wine. Life is good now. All is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!