Saturday, December 8, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Well, it's my birthday. I'm officially 31 now. When my husband asked me what I wanted to do today, I rolled over in bed (after completing my first desire of the day - sleeping in until after 10:00) and asked him in an embarrassed voice if I could just do nothing at all. He was so sweet and said, "I think that is a great idea, you've just been so busy and working so hard, why don't you take a day to completely relax. Don't think about anything you have to do, just relax."

Why thank you, I will. I am currently laying on the couch in my PJs, under a big blanket and next to the warm fire. All I've managed to do today is take a nap. Which is impressive, considering I woke up at 10. Tonight we're going out to a very extravagant, expensive dinner with just us and my sister. I specifically asked for not a large group. I think it will be perfect.

How do I feel about turning 31? Pretty damn good. Same as I felt last year when I turned 30. I'm happy with my life. Happy with what I've accomplished. But, if I turn 32 next year and I'm not pregnant or holding a baby, I won't be singing the same tune. Isn't it weird how you start thinking in terms of "By the time such-and-such happens...I'm sure to be pregnant" or "I probably won't be able to do blah, blah, blah because I'll probably be pregnant by then." I'm sure that goes away and can be replaced by grim realism and I secretly hope to never reach the point where my thinking changes.

For example, we just planned our trip for Valentine's Day. I am SO excited! We're going back to Zihuatanejo, Mexico. A place I've been to four times. It is a tiny fishing village on the Pacific coast in a sheltered bay. There are probably better places to go, and definitely better beaches...but it is beautiful and special and has meaning for us. Our first trip we went for our Luna de Miel (Honeymoon sounds prettier in Spanish, doesn't it?). Our second trip we went after a really difficult time in our relationship and the trip came after we recommitted to each other. The third trip we went with our best friends and they got engaged right on "our beach" - Playa La Ropa. And my last trip, my husband didn't come, because I went with my mother, aunt, and sister for my Mom's 60th birthday.

Here is a picture from one of our trips:



Here is where we'll be staying this year:


I seriously can't wait.

SO. Here I am, turning 31, being a lazy bum on the couch, and dreaming about the future in more ways than one.

Speaking of one of those ways....FF changed my ovulation date when I entered my temp this morning. I had been doubting the day they gave me because of the sharp pains I had the day after that I associated with ovulation and just...well, the feeling I had that I had ovulated on Wednesday, not Thursday. So that puts me at 3DPO (again) and with Ovulation on CD16. I'll take it.

An interesting fact. My husband told me on Wednesday after we had sex that he had his own feeling that he had just gotten me pregnant. I'm sure its something all guys say, huh? But it was so sweet and gave me a funny feeling in my tummy (NOT that kind of feeling!). When FF marked my O date the day before he supposedly impregnated me with his super sperm, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was virtually impossible. Well, now his dream is intact. Maybe it really DID happen.

Here's hoping....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!