Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post-Holiday Haze

So I haven't posted for awhile due to the Holiday craziness. But it's been craziness in a good way. We threw our dog and cat into our car and drove from southern California to Oregon and then over to Montana. Wow. It's been hectic. But it's been really nice to be with family and be back "home."

Here's a quick photo update:

Drove through torrential blizzards in my new car, which proved it's worth very nicely.


Stopped in Napa Valley along the way and drank a lot of wine and joined two more wine clubs (oops!). This photo is of Chateau Montelena from the movie Bottleshock.


Christmas #1

First Christmas was at my Mom's house in Oregon. I feel most "at home" here, because well, she's my mom :) We opened presents with my mom, my aunt, and my two cousins who are more like my two younger sisters. This was nice and relaxed and I wish I had a few more days there.

In Oregon, I got my Christmas present from my husband. A Marc Jacobs briefcase/bag for work. I was blown away. It is beautiful and extravagant and I love it. It made me feel so special.

Christmas #2
Spent Christmas Eve at my Dad's house with his wife and her kids. This was really nice too. My husband and I feel so comfortable here and get along so well with everyone and we went through about 5 bottles of wine from Napa. Not too shabby.

Christmas #3

Christmas #3 was at my sister-in-law's house with her kids and my in-laws. This was probably the least "homey" for me, and I was a little Christmas-ed out at that point. But it was still a very nice day with a beautiful Christmas dinner.

Now, day after Christmas, I'm lazing around at my Dad's house, relaxing by the fire. Amidst all of the craziness, I feel like I haven't even had a chance to think about this Cycle of trying. Family members keep asking about it (they all somehow know we're trying) and I had a nice conversation with my sister-in-law and what it was like for her and how it took her 5 months with her first baby. I've been temping still, but my temps may be a little more erratic due to random sleep cycles, weird beds, dog waking me up, etc etc. I'm on CD10 and I'm hoping to ovulate on CD15 (New Year's Eve). For two reasons....first, I'd like to be able to celebrate with some drinks with my good friends in Sacramento. Two, I think it sounds fortuitous to ovulate on New Year's Eve ;)

Well that's it for now. It's been a whirlwind and we're all tired out and happily recovering :)

3 comments:

  1. Holy Christmases! Glad you had a nice time :o)

    I hope you O on time, too!!! Come on, ovaries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all looking rather fabulously festive. Happy holidays and a happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor puppy is worn smooth out! Merry Christmas! May this year bring you something precious. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!